|But then, law-abiding gun owners kill FAR fewer people than doctors!!|
- Universal Gun Registration: People tend to forget that a federal gun registry of all privately-owned firearms is specifically against federal law. A universal registry has been banned for many years, specifically because of fears of how governments throughout history have used those registrations to go find the guns when they want to take them away.
- Banning Under-21 Sales & Ownership: We’ve covered this horrific measure here previously. Sure, you may be old enough to vote or to join the military, but to own a gun? No, you’re not mature enough for that in the eyes of the AMA.
- Banning and Confiscating “High Capacity Magazines”: Aside from the fact that the AMA wants this to happen, “high capacity magazines” are not defined in the proposal. Would those be 30-round magazines, 10-round magazines, 7-round magazines? What’s the number? The AMA left that proposal deliberately vague.
- Banning and Confiscating “Armor Piercing Bullets”: This is another deliberately vague proposal. Any rifle caliber larger than a .22 can pierce a law enforcement Kevlar vest, so this could effectively be interpreted as a ban on most hunting and sport ammunition in America.
- Banning All “Assault-Type Weapons”: Really? So now we’ve graduated from “assault weapons” to “assault-type weapons?” In addition to being deliberately vague, let’s add even more personal subjectivity into the mix! Perhaps the gun-grabbers will be completely open and honest one of these days and just come out and say it: They want to take away all semiautomatic firearms.
- Power to Report “Dangerous” Gun Owners to Authorities: The AMA wants to give doctors, family members, household members, intimate partners and others the power to appeal to a court to strip the gun rights away from anyone. This is similar to New York’s latest proposal to give public school teachers the authority to petition a court and take guns away from the families of rambunctious boys.