|Mary Jo Kopechne and Kennedy's Olds|
- "The car went off the side of the bridge."
- "I have no recollection of how I got out of the car."
- "I came to the surface and then repeatedly dove down to the car in an attempt to see if the passenger was still in the car."
- "I was unsuccessful in the attempt."
- "I was exhausted and in a state of shock."
- "I recall walking back to where my friends were eating. There was a car parked in front of the cottage and I climbed into the backseat. I then asked for someone to bring me back to Edgartown. I remember walking around for a period and then going back to my hotel room. When I fully realized what had happened this morning, I immediately contacted the police."
|The CONTEMPT liberals have for the little people|