Sunday, May 29, 2016
The real dangers of the climate change myth
Published last year on the Coach is Right website, it’s instructive to see that nothing has changed. Though the “dangers” of Climate Change are still being pushed by the left, it remains the myth it has always been.
By John Velisek USN (Ret), staff writer
Climate Change, global warming or whatever the politically appropriate name of the day may be, let’s look at some of the claims our left-wing, media doom-sayers are directing at low information voters about the coming environmental Armageddon.
1. The earth is getting hotter! According to satellite data there has been no warming in over 17 years
2. The polar ice caps are melting! One picture of a polar bear on a small piece of ice has been used for ten years now. In reality, the polar bears are thriving and the ice cap is 10% bigger than in 2010.
3. 97% of scientists agree global warming is coming! But then, you can achieve any result you want when you throw out 35% of the papers that disagree with your premise. Of course when you start with over 10,000 scientific papers and find only 35 that agree with you, you need to do some real number crunching; or just lie. It’s easier.
4. Global warming is causing disasters. Even the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (UN IPCC), the principle stronghold of global warming dread, disagrees, stating there is not enough evidence to make this statement.
5. The infamous hockey stick. Why was Manns “hockey stick” or (schtick if you prefer) graph used instead of an honest one by Jones and Briffa? Because the image of the lie was more compelling. And the graph has been proven to be a lie over and again.
So let’s be truthful here. From tree rings to national security, our government is intent upon finding new ways to massively “transform” America. Massively higher taxes and more control of our everyday lives; these are the ultimate goals. And bowing to the UN is one of the ways our government can become even more totalitarian without taking the blame.
Both the IPCC and our federal government have either cherry picked information or simply made it up in order to “prove” the contentions of a global left which is far more interested in power than in fact.
And where is the media in all this? The media has claimed global warming would cause more and bigger weather events such as tornadoes and hurricanes, all of which the numbers have shown to be false. We could also expect more armed conflicts, claims of coming wars which even the IPCC report debunked as nonsense. In fact that report has stated that there is no reason to believe climate change would have anything to do with violent conflicts.
Yet even though it did display an occasional glimpse of sanity, the IPCC report was so biased that one of its authors, Professor Richard Tol of Sussex University, refused to sign it. And Robert Stavins, the lead author of the report, sent an online letter to the US Daily Mail stating almost three quarters of the report had been deleted or revised.
It is necessary to determine whose interests are best served by global warming scares. Consider scientists being paid large grants by governments to do studies which will provide these same governments the opening they need to control more of our everyday lives. It’s an obvious conflict of interest. And what are the chances that an independent study which contests the government agenda would ever see the light of day? The first thing to determine in any study is who paid for it. Did they have preconceived notions or an agenda to satisfy prior to the work being done?
I was in the Philippines when Mount Pinatubo went up. For a decade, the amount of ash and other pollutants, including CO2 almost surrounded the earth. But in the decades since the eruption, the earth has regenerated the atmosphere to remove these pollutants. Although the area for miles around the volcano was devastated, it has come back green and the atmosphere is clean.
Politically it makes perfect sense to offer climate change as a danger to the planet. It provides the UN an unparalleled opportunity to advance a one world government agenda and control every aspect of our lives. The far left currently in charge of U.S. policy will eagerly accept the UN agenda no matter what American citizens may want.
It’s long past time that low information types and Kool Aid drinkers must wake up.
Unfortunately there is precious little chance of that happening. And those who control the numbers, the policy and the federal check book know it.