Sunday, May 22, 2016
Bernie Sanders also a thief, if only a piker compared to Hillary
By Doug Book, editor
After she left the White House, “Hillary was forced to return an estimated $200,000 in White House furniture, china and artwork" that she apparently just couldn’t live without.
Of course that was petty larceny compared with the countless millions the Clinton’s have amassed during the Pay to Play years of the Clinton Foundation.
Between 2009 and 2013, the Russian atomic energy agency Rosatom took control of Uranium One, “…a Canadian company with uranium-mining stakes stretching from Central Asia to the American West.” According to a New York Times article, the Canadian owners of the company had been heavy donors to the Clinton Foundation. Why would the Chairman of Uranium One donate $2.35 million to the Clinton Foundation; money which was not publically disclosed by the Clintons “…despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors?”
Why indeed? Because:
“Being a strategic asset, with implications for national security, the deal had to be approved by a committee composed of representatives from a number of United States government agencies. Among the agencies that eventually signed off was the State Department, then headed by Mr. Clinton’s wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton.”
The purchase of Uranium One gave Russia control of 1/5th of the world’s uranium production. But of course, sufficient millions had been donated to the Clinton Foundation piggy bank to render the treason involved tolerable to a former President and a serving Secretary of State.
As the New York Times puts it, “…the Clinton Foundation [was] headed by a former president who relied heavily on foreign cash to accumulate $250 million in assets even as his wife helped steer American foreign policy as secretary of state.”
If Hillary is a first rate thief and traitor, her opponent in the Democrat race for the presidential nomination, Bernie Sanders, is, by comparison, just a “poor corrupt official.”
According to the Washington Free Beacon, Bernie Sanders and his wife, Jane O’Meara Sanders, “On numerous occasions steered money from organizations under their control to friends and family members, public records show.”
For example: Sanders paid his wife $90,000 for “consulting and ad placement services” during a number of his House campaigns.
· Sanders step-daughter (his wife’s daughter) collected $65,000 for her work on Bernie’s campaigns.
· “After working for the campaign, the senator’s wife would come under scrutiny for expenditures at Burlington College, where she was hired as president in 2004. While she led the school, it paid six-figure sums to her daughter and the son of a family friend.”
· The son of a Burlington College Board member who served with Mrs. Sanders in the Burlington city govt. bought a small resort in the Bahamas. Mrs. Sanders, as President of the college, paid the young man’s resort $68,000 between 2009-2011 for the stays of the College “study abroad” students. All payments from the college stopped when Mrs. Sanders resigned her position.
· During her tenure as president, the Burlington College paid $500,000 to the Vermont Woodworking School. The school was operated by the Sanders’ daughter, Driscoll.
· While school president, Mrs. Sanders overstated pledged donations to the school in a loan application to Roman Catholic Diocese of Burlington. The school purchased 33 acres from the Diocese with a $6.7 million loan from the Diocese!
Mrs. Sanders “resigned from the college in 2011 after reaching a settlement with the Board of Trustees, which voted to negotiate an early exit package. Her future contract negotiations stalled over questions about her plans and fundraising.” Imagine that.
Bernie and Jane were apparently not sufficiently “endowed” to steal the countless millions Bill and Hillary have gotten away with, but then Bernie is not a former president. But don’t feel too badly for them. They won’t miss any meals.
Aren’t Socialists supposed to give rather than take?